HOOK NORTON PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF HOOK NORTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE MEMORIAL HALL ON THURSDAY 14 MARCH 2019 at 7.30pm

Present:        Councillors: Watkins, Hicks,Porter, Wilson, Henderson, Shepherd, Brotherston,Matthews (arrived 7.43pm),Mrs Watts (Parish Clerk) and two members of the public

19/030 Apologies for Absence– Cllrs Duggan, Muller, Lewis, County Cllr Reynolds and District Cllr Brown

 

19/031 Declarations of Interest: there were none.  Councillor Matthews, arriving after 7.30pm, was asked by the Chairman to declare any interests.  He had no interests to declare. 

 

19/032

 

Chairman’s Announcements: The legal definition of an Asset of Community Value has changed since applications were submitted five years ago.  Cllr Hugo Brown and the Parish Clerk met District Councillor officers on 8 March to iron out problems relating to the ACV applications recently submitted for various properties in the village.

The Parish Clerk has received confirmation that ACV applications for The Sun Inn and The Pear Tree Inn have formally been accepted by CDC for consideration.  Hook Norton Playgroup building does not satisfy the legal definition of an Asset of Community Value because usage is restricted to pre-school/school activities only.

 

19/033

 

19/033/1

 

 

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 14 February 2019

Cllr Hicks proposed that the Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on 14 February 2019 be resolved as a true and accurate record of the meeting.  This was seconded by Cllr Brotherston and passed unanimously.

19/034

19/034/1

 

19/034/2

 

Report of the Planning Co-ordinator on Planning Applications – (Annex 1)

Three planning/TCA applications had been received since the last meeting.  There were no objections

Cherwell District Council (CDC) had granted five applications.  They refused one, 18/02182/F-18/02183/LB, Heydon House, East End; two storey rear extension and replacement barn.

 

19/035 To Invite Members of the Public to Comment on Planning Applications: there were no matters arising.

 

19/036 Reports of Working Groups
19/036/1 Recreation

·        There were no matters arising.

 

19/036/2 Cemetery and Allotments

·       Invoices for allotment rents were hand delivered at the end of February and are payable by 1 April.  A £10 administration fee will be applied for late payment/reminders.

·       Councillors thanked the Friends of Hook Norton Cemetery for tidying the bin store and making a rack for tools, watering cans etc.

 

19/036/3 Environment

·       Clement Wyatt Gardens Ltd have supplied and planted three trees in Sibford Road.  John Wyatt donated one of the trees and Councillors thanked him for this.

·       The fence to the side of the footbridge at Bury Croft Rd is in disrepair.  Cllr Shepherd believes this belongs to OCC and he has reported the matter to them.

·       An Environmental Champions meeting will take place on 18 April at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall.

·       The drainage ditch above Watery Lane that runs alongside 30 The Bourne is partially blocked – this is the responsibility of OCC and the neighbouring property.

·       Lorries containing sewage which are driven through the village do not collect any waste from Hook Norton.

Initials……………………….

  ·       Hedge between Ironstone Hollow and Hollybush Road – Councillors will look at having this cut back this after the nesting season has finished.

·       Ben Acreman has noticed one or two PC owned trees that might require attention.  Cllr Porter will liaise with him to ascertain exactly which trees have been identified so that they can be checked against the tree survey.  If necessary the Parish Clerk will contact Sacha Barnes Ltd to arrange a further inspection.

 

 
19/036/4 Hook Norton War Memorial Hall

·     A User Group Meeting will be held on 3 April 2019 at 7.00pm in the hall.  The Parish Clerk has notified Users.

·     A drawer front on one of the kitchen units has been broken.

·     Lighting in the hall will be upgraded by Bannor Electrical on 3 April.

 

 
19/037

19/037/1

 

 

 

19/037/2

Finance/Schedule of Receipts and Payments for Authorisation by the Council:

The Parish Clerk presented the schedules of receipts and payments for March totalling £3,400.87 for the Parish Council and £1,249.09 for the Memorial Hall (Annex 2/3).  Cllr Matthews moved acceptance of the payments detailed.  This was seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed unanimously.

The Parish Clerk had provided Councillors with spend against budget details before the meeting (Annex 4).

 

 
19/038 Members’ Allowance Scheme: Councillors agreed unanimously not to adopt a Members’ Allowance Scheme.

 

 
19/039

19/039/1

 

 

 

 

 

19/039/2

Parish Council Elections:

Hook Norton Parish Council is scheduled for elections this May.  The Notice of Election will be put up on Tuesday, 26 March 2019which means that CDC will accept delivery of nomination papers at Bodicote House (which MUST be by hand) weekdays between 10.00am and 4.00pm from Wednesday, 27 March to Wednesday, 3 April.    Nomination papers (available from CDC) can be handed in by someone other than the candidate (e.g. partner, family member or friend).

The Parish Clerk will be notified by CDC if the election is contested or not.  If contested, Polling Day will be Thursday, 2 May. 

 

 
19/040

19/040/1

 

 

Report on District Council Matters:  District Cllr Hugo Brown reported:

The Cherwell District Council Housing Strategy 2019-2024, sub-titled “Cherwell – A Place to Prosper” came to Executive on 4 March.  This was consulted on for 7 weeks between Dec 2018 and Jan 2019.  The “point of the Housing Strategy” is to address the current and anticipated housing needs of people in Cherwell and to set out priorities for improving access to affordable and suitable housing and for building healthy communities.  There are 3 strategic priorities:

1.     Increase the supply and diversity of affordable housing to ensure the right types of housing are available in the right places.

2.     Improve the quality and sustainability of homes and build thriving, healthy communities.

3.     Enhance opportunities for people to access suitable homes and have housing choices.

 

 
19/041

19/041/1

19/041/2

 

Report on County Council Matters:  County Cllr George Reynolds reported:

OCC are slowly merging some officer posts, especially when staff leave either OCC or CDC.

There was a meeting in Banbury Town Hall on 13 March to allow local residents to comment on the Oxfordshire Plan up to 2050.

 

 
19/042 Hooky Newsletter Project: Mr David Jones and Mr Ben Hill told Councillors that the newsletter team are in the early stages of planning a project to produce a new detailed village map and gazetteer.  A discussion took place about how the team could get access the data they need.  Councillors were unanimous in giving their full support for the project.

 

 
19/043

19/043/1

 

Correspondence:

The Parish Clerk had forwarded all correspondence to Councillors during the month and there were no matters outstanding.

Initials……………………….

19/044

 

To Invite Questions and Comments from Members of the Public:  there were no matters arising.

 

19/045

 

AOB:

a.     OCC have sent their Dragon Patcher through the village and workmen have filled in a number of potholes.

b.     Cllrs Wilson and Henderson attended the Community Housing Project meeting at the end of February.  The meeting was positive; the design of the properties is modern and adaptable; discussions are taking place with CDC about the purchase price of the land and with Taylor Wimpey about the ‘ransom strip’.

 

19/046 Confidential Item: this was discussed after the public meeting had closed.

 

 

The next Parish Council Meeting will be held on 11 April 2019 at 7.30pmin the Memorial Hall.

 

There being no further business Councillor Watkins thanked everyone for attending and closed the public meeting at 8.32pm.

 

Signed ……………………………………..

Hook Norton Parish Council

Dated 11 April 2019